Tuesday 29 January 2008

On the Twelfth Month of Trading.....

Stress Level Today: 4 Grey hairs

It has happened! I sucumbed to the lurgy and have lost a whole weekend feeling sick, being stabbed behind the eyes with needles and feeling generally sorry for myself. It could have been the children I was exposed to last week when the local school visited the vets where I work. I even had my own little group of chronologically disadvantaged people to talk to. People who know me will probably be slightly confused at this point at the mention of me and children in the same sentence, but you have to face your fears when educating the pet owners of the future. Especially when your fears happen to be about 3ft tall with 2 legs. I do have to say Mr J. was the consummate professional and put up with the small sticky fingers touching him with a fair amount of dignity. He even stood at the correct moment to have his 3 legs counted and blinked knowingly as the 'look both ways before crossing the road or you'll loose a leg' message was imparted.

On the Ardent Pets front theres been some serious discussions on how we are to progress as cashflow (now renamed cash trickle) is getting quite challenging in the gap between Christmas and people getting paid again. Our little baby is getting very good at paying its own running costs but it would be nice to know the mortgage will be covered this month. We're going to have to go food shopping tomorrow as we are not yet that desperate to excavate the frozen remains of what could be food at the back of the freezer. Anyway as far as big business decisions go we have considered expanding out of the spare room into an office, partly for Karls sanity and partly because we're out of space. We also want to expand the range of products we have but this takes finances so may have to smile nicely at our lovely local bank manager (unless anyone has any spare cash from down the back of the sofa? All donations gratefully received). Stress levels likely to rise in the next few weeks!

WE'VE BEEN NOMINATED for some blogging awards! Technically I nominated both blogs for the awards you can see down the side and so far only Gill and Rob (sister and bro in law) have voted. So we're feeling pretty unpopular at the moment. It could be that technophobia has swept through all our friends and family but its unlikely. If anyone would like to click on the awards, register and vote it would make us very happy.

It is also going to be Ardent Pets first birthday on Saturday 2nd February and I've been given the task of writing a press release. I now wish I hadn't pulled Karls leg saying my blog was better than his as hes given me one night to do it in. There will be some fantastic birthday offers appearing soon to those who subscribe to the Ardent Pets blog at http://www.ardentpets.blogspot.com/

Thats all for now, over and out

No comments: