Thursday 31 July 2008

The VAT Man Cometh

Stress Level Today: 2 grey hairs

Things are going OK this month. I daresn't say things are going well as every time I am a tinsy bit positive we always get a selling drought. The month didn't get off to a great start with my nan dying and then I managed to drive my car into a 5ft ditch the day before the funeral. It did mean being car-less I took a week off to help Karl with all things Ardent and as a result we have fantastic new cheaper postage prices on E bay and more postage options which is very exciting. It has given sales a little boost and warded off some recessional spending reticence in our customers.

We are busy earning karma points fostering Peggy a little terrier cross whose owner was extremely mean. Hopefully she can be rehomed soon so she can start a fantastic new life.

Our biggest news is that we are approaching the VAT threshold this year and will be registering within the month. Its very exciting and scary but it means we're getting bigger. As a consequence I might become a partner in Ardent Pets rather than general lackey and assistant to his nibbs. Expect stress levels to rise as we get used to accounting for VAT.

Our first newsletter has gone out. Admittedly 9 times to some people before we got the hang of the software. Its all about travelling and has a fantastic discount attatched. August is probably going to be preparing for fireworks season but I might delay it until September as I suppose it is a bit early for people to take it seriously. If you would like to sign up for our incredibly informative newsletter register at https://www.ardentpets.co.uk/cart.php?act=reg&redir=L2luZGV4LnBocA.

Thats all for now come back soon for more exciting Ardent Pets News

No comments: