Monday 5 May 2008

One, Flu, Three, Four

Stress Level Today: One Monochrome Follicle

Its been 2 months since my last entry and what a two months it has been! Not so much on the website front as I've had to let Karl hog the driving seat. After the 238 hours in 29 days at work in Febrary and a similar pattern emerging in March I decided enough was enough and I stopped working extra hours. We even had our first night out for a long time at the Royal in Sutton Coldfield. My body decided to show its grattitude by cultivating a pet flu virus which completely knocked me off my feet and took a good couple of weeks to completely get rid of. I am now back to fighting fit and feeling really good which might just be me feeling normal but because I've been feeling bad for so long its making a big difference. I can now ignore all the problems at work and get stuck into all things Ardent!

Its been a year since Karl left his full time job and things look to be going OK. This is now our standard response to well wishers as if we say things are going well then there is a sudden slump in sales. So things are OK, we dont want to be too positive or ambitious as we are British afterall!

We've been up to our necks in stocktake for the past month. The counting was the easy part even if we did have a hangover (courtesy of the Royal) and it was snowing. I've just finished getting all the figures and supplier codes into an all singing all dancing spreadsheet and I am feeling smug after totting up we have almost 9K in stock secreted in various locations.

Karl is busy getting all the accounts all neat and orderly. Its taking larger and larger whips to keep him at it although the end is in sight and our first year losses might be less than Paris Hilton would spend on a big night out.

I'm off to list some new items possibly starting with trap and release mousetraps ideal for those unwanted presents from the cat and ending with a football activity mat for cats.

Come back next week for all the behind the scenes gossip at www.ardentpets.co.uk

No comments: